Welcome To The K9 Healthcare Council Of America
The K9 Healthcare Council of America is a multi-disciplinary team of veterinary medical professsionals, accredited Animal Behavior Specialists, Nutritionists & holistic pet care consultants advocating for science-based, natural integrative healthcare for the care of companion canines.
The Objectives Of The K9HCA Are:
- To advance the innovation of effective treatment protocols in the science and art of holistic veterinary medicine
- To promote the health and welfare of canines through progressive education & leadership in the natural care industry for and treatment of animals
- To function as a platform to explore and expand the field of holistic pet medicine
- To establish standards in the care and treatment of animals with continuing education of doctors & staff of veterinary medicine
- To foster good will towards the public in understanding the basic nature & principles of holistic pet care
- To provide actionable, science-based education for dog owners, breeders and trainers in the expanding field of cannabinoid based medicine.
The mission of the K9 Healthcare Council of America is to provide information on the best combination of both conventional medicine and alternative (or complementary) therapies for dogs.
This mixture of healing arts and skills, combined with traditional veterinary medicine, will help the public to determine a treatment approach that incorporates a wide range of modalities that are minimally invasive and take into account the holistic nature that contribute to a particular ‘disease pattern’ (eg. physical environment, family relationship dynamics, genetics, stress, etc).
Central to our mission is expanding the knowledge base of holistic pet care through curating a library of research & showcasing stardardized principles of natural cannabinoid medicine to improve the lives of canine companions.
Inherent in the scope of our mission is the emphasis that all aspects of an animal’s well-being, including physical, mental, and emotional well being, contribute to the overall health & wwell being of dogs.
The overarching intent of the K9 Healthcare Council of America is to provide the most efficacious, least invasive, least expensive, and least harmful path to improve the lives of dogs.
Therefore, guidance recommendagtions as to treatment options may involve aspects of surgery and drug therapy from conventional Western technology, along with alternative techniques to provide a complementary whole to help give dogs their best life possible.
Merck Veterinay Manual – Trusted source of animal health information for students and practicing veterinarians
VetMed Classes – Providing CE education for veterinarians and technicians
K9 Healthcare – Educational dog care website with available search option to assist pet owners in the principles of holistic pet care
College of Integrative Veterinary Medicine – Education institution specialising in evidence based natural medicine
Veterinary Botanical Medicine Association – Veterinarians and herbalists dedicated to developing responsible herbal practice and acceptane of herbal medicine for animals
American Holistic Veterinary Medical Association – Leading group to elevate the veterinary profession through innovation, education, and advocacy of integrative medicine.